Permanent makeup pigments are implanted into the skin to restore/enhance the appearance of the areola and nipple. This medical tattooing treatment works really well on a wide range of clients and is the ideal long term solution to get more confidence in your appearance. Areola tattooing requires advance knowledge and training in derma pigmentation.
Areola and nipple pigmentation is done with a cosmetic tattoo machine. We use a fine needle to deposit pigment in the upper layer (epidermis) of the skin. With our new advanced pixel permanent cosmetics techniques we can create 3D areolas that looks completely natural. 2 sessions are recommended for the best results. The areola pigmentation treatment is almost painless and lasts for about 1 -3 years.
Who can benefit from this treatment?
– You can disguise scars left after breast augmentation/ reduction by closely matching it with the areola colour.
– To darken light areolas.
– Enlarge the size of small nipples.
– Correction of the areola shape.
– Areola and nipple restoration after mastectomy. We have great empathy for our breast cancer clients and enjoy helping them with the final restoration step in their difficult journey.
Things to remember before your treatment:
– Avoid sunbathing ,waxing around the area and laser treatments at least 2 weeks before your treatment.
– No alcohol, caffeine or blood thinning (for example aspirin) medicines 24 hours before your treatment.
– Inflamed skin (around the treated area).
– Do not discontinue any medication without your doctor’s consent.
– You cannot donate blood up to 6 months after your treatment.
Consultation, treatment and aftercare:
Before Annette starts doing any cosmetic treatment she has an in depth consultation with her client to make sure we meet your expectations. All clients are dealt with in a sensitive and compassionate manner. We offer a number of areola tattoo techniques and we will discuss what treatment will work best for you. Annette will guide you through the medical tattoo treatment process and answer all questions you might have . Annette offers expert areola re-pigmentation treatments and you can rest assure that you are in safe hands. You will have the option for a patch test if you have any concerns of an allergic reaction. If not, the procedure can be done on the same day.
Moving on to the pre-drawing, Annette takes her time in doing the structure and measurements with a pencil to create the perfect symmetry. Once we have agreed on the shape, we will apply the numbing cream that stays on for 20 minutes. During this time we will select the custom blend colour pigment to compliment /match your areola colour. We use high quality medical grade pigments that are hypo allergenic and sterilized needles for single use only. During the treatment we will use a secondary anaesthetic to control the sensation.
You can expect the treated area to be slightly red immediately after the procedure and this will disappear after a few hours. The areola tattoo will appear darker immediately after the treatment and will lose up to 50% of the intensity of the colour after 1 week once the scabs/dry skin have cleared up. During this time (1st week) it is recommended to avoid touching the area, use cosmetic creams, sunbathing or wet the area. Do not pick the scabs as this will result in pigment loss. We will provide you with an aftercare balm and light dressing that needs to be applied with a clean cotton bud once or twice a day. It takes up to 4 – 6 weeks for the pigmented area to settle and completely heal. We will book in your top up appointment 4-6 weeks after your initial treatment. In some cases the skin does not retain the implanted pigment as well. (Pigment retention can be influenced by unhealthy / damaged skin)
Skin texture, exposure to sun (use SPF while sunbathing), exfoliation products and skin lightening products like Vitamin A and retinol can affect the longevity of your areola tattoo. Avoid applying these creams on the cosmetic tattoo. We recommend a yearly colour boost to keep your cosmetic tattoo at its best.
Candidates not suitable areola tattooing:
– prone to keloid/hypotrophic scarring
– unhealed scars and skin grafts (at least 6 months healed)
– persons under the age of 18 years
– pregnant or breastfeeding
– viral infections
– roaccutane in the last 12 months
– auto -immune disorders
– chemotherapy treatment in the last 6 months (unless with doctor’s consent)
– any medication that have blood thinning properties
– any person with a pacemaker, ICD or heart conditions
– skin inflammation around the treatment area
|Treatment per session||Price|
|Areola reconstruction per nipple||£250|
|Areola darkening (both nipples)||£200|
|colour boost||from £150|
Deposit refunds will only be given with 48 hours notice. Cancellation less than 48 hours will incur a full charge for the treatment.