Are you tired of filling in your eyebrows every day? Are your eyebrows sparse, and do you wish that you could just forget about them when doing your makeup, and rely on them to look great all the time? If this sounds like you, microblading could be the perfect procedure. Read on to find out more about Microblading Raynes Park services, what to expect from the procedure, and more semi-permanent makeup options available in Raynes Park.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is an increasingly popular procedure that defines and fills the eyebrows. Although this procedure will not give you perfect eyebrows forever, it is much more efficient than having your eyebrows tinted, pencilling, or using a brow pomade on a daily basis. Microblading will usually last for quite some time, as it is a semi-permanent tattoo. It differs from a regular, permanent tattoo in that it only goes as deep as the dermal epidermal junction in the skin rather than the dermis. The pigment can be expected to last for around 12-15 months, at which point you may notice fading. A top-up can be carried out to keep your eyebrows looking amazing.
Microblading Raynes Park: What is the Procedure?
Microblading is done using extremely fine needles that deposit medical-grade pigment to the surface of the skin, creating your ideal eyebrow shape and colour. To achieve this, a tool that looks similar to a pen with a nub and sloped blade with tiny needles is used. Rather than penetrating into the skin, the needles simply scratch the surface of it, leaving realistic-looking hair marks on the eyebrows when feather-light strokes are used. The steps involved in the procedure are:
- Book a consultation and visit Annette to talk about your options. You will have the chance to discuss your desired shape, size, and pigment. You can also use this opportunity to ask any questions or get advice on what might work best for you based on your features.
- Prepare for the procedure by avoiding direct sunlight or tanning beds and keeping your face free from any cosmetics products for at least twenty-four hours before. It’s a wise idea to avoid drinking alcohol or caffeine beforehand, as this will thin your blood and may increase the risk of bleeding.
- The area will be treated with a numbing cream for optimal comfort throughout the procedure.
- You will have a chance to confirm that you are happy with the shape, size, and pigment before the procedure begins.
- Once the area is numb, the procedure itself will take around 90-120 minutes.
- Aftercare advice will be given to follow once the microblading is complete. There may be some discomfort around the area for a few days, which is normal, including scabbing and flaking. Keep your brows dry, go makeup-free, and apply the recommended cream to the area for around a week.
- After 12-15 months, you will probably need to book a top-up if you want to keep your brows looking fresh.
Services Provided in Raynes Park
Along with microblading, Annette provides a range of other semi-permanent makeup treatments in Raynes Park in Wimbledon, Southwest London. These include:
Semi-Permanent Eyeliner: A great way to get your eyeliner looking perfect all the time, semi-permanent eyeliner is smudge-proof and lasts for around 12-18 months. There are various techniques that can be used to achieve the look of eyeliner, depending on how you like to wear it.
Semi-Permanent Lips: A great solution for adding more fullness and youthfulness to your lips. This procedure can be used to add more definition to the lip line, create more symmetry, or add colour to pale lips.
If you are interested in microblading or another type of semi-permanent makeup procedure, get in touch today to book your consultation with Annette.